[TowerTalk] Everything Works QST Article by N6BT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Everything Works QST Article by N6BT
From: force12e@lightlink.com (force12e)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:03:02 -0500
Good afternoon.

Appreciate the opportunity to ask W8JI exactly where in my QST article
do I make
such comments he claims in his recent statement:

> Do you think that N6BT's QST article was technically accurate
> Steve, specifically where he claimed in a chart tribanders have
> something like negative 10dB gain and described the ionosphere
> as offering non-linear response to transmitter ERP?
> 73, Tom W8JI

So, Tom (W8JI), where in the QST article do I state tribanders have
negative 10dB gain
and where in the article do I describe the ionosphere in such a manner?

The answer is that W8JI's claimed statement from me is no place in the
QST article, nor
in any other of my writings. Fortunately, the QST article is in the
public domain and every
one can check it for themselves and not depend upon W8JI for
information.

BTW, my QST article was not written for fun, although the thought of
using a lightbulb
might strike some as humorous or at least entertaining. I did enjoy
working ZD8Z to
complete Worked All Continents in 2 days on 10 CW using 120 watts and
the lightbulb, but
it was a serious article to open our collective eyes on how important
our antenna is to
our enjoyment of amateur radio. On the other hand, the 3 element, phased
lightbulb array
I did after the article was done for fun and even though it was
directive and could take
a KW, it still was a lousy antenna! Thankfully, there were others with
good enough
antennas that enabled making some QSO's with both lightbulb "antennas."
As the article
was entitled, "Everything Works", the question remains, "How well and
compared to what?"

        73, Tom, N6BT

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----