[TowerTalk] Three Band Quad Antenna System

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Three Band Quad Antenna System
From: bravo@iol.ie (John Tait)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:50:22 -0000
Hi Mark...

> My question arises in the EZNEC model of this antenna.  I find that on
20m,
> its not broadbanded at all.  In fact, I get a 2:1 SWR bandwidth of only
170
> kHz.  10 and 15 m has a fairly broad bandwidth.
>
> Does anyone out there actually use one of these antennas?

I've used them for years...They work very well, and are cheap to build..
At least mine was anyway..

 Is it really this
> narrow on 20m?

Mine (2 el) shows a 2:1 SWR bandwidth of about 250kHz on 20m..
My spacing is wider than the usual .125w/l.. Mine is13ft...about .2w/l.

> BTW, the radiation plots for this thing are outstanding, especially for a
> height of only 30 feet!  I would really like to put one of these in the
air!
> I'm just a little concerned about the narrow bandwidth on 20m.

  Take a look at   http://www.cebik.com/quad.html
http://www.antennex.com/preview/
http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/

   John EI7BA