Re: [TowerTalk] Conduit ends?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Conduit ends?
From: "W1GOR" <W1GOR@Maine.RR.Com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:06:52 -0500
Paul,

Keeping the little critters out of the conduit can be done by using any of several methods. If you stuff the open spaces with common home insulation, the majority of intruders will be kept out. If you stuff the hole with bronze or stainless-steel wool, available at many marine supply shops, there aren't many pests that will be able to enter the conduit.

Another method is to buy an end cap to fit the conduit and drill clearance holes for the cables in a straight line through the center of the cap. Then cut the cap in half, along the line of the holes. Remove the burrs and place the two halves around the cables. Use a large hose clamp to hold the split cap in place. If you can't find a clamp large enough, you can combine two or more clamps by fully unscrewing all of them, then re-assembling them in 'series'. I little caulking along the 'split' line will keep the smallest critters out.

73, Larry - W1GOR

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Ash" <bluesdude@cfl.rr.com>