Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?

To: "'Daron J. Wilson'" <daron@wilson.org>,"'Hector Garcia XE2K'" <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?
From: "Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:28:41 -0500
Well, sure, if you've got the dough for the stainless brackets and all, go
for it!

Also, I do agree and do use the stainless net grips to hoist and secure
hardlines at the top of the tower.  However, even the black tie wraps will
not last for many years unless you tape them all.  If you use this THHN wire
or something else with a tough insulation, it will last a lot longer and
it's pretty cheap.  I cant imagine it being an RF problem as long as the
insulation is intact....it's wrapping around a tower leg and a grounded,
shielded cable and it's length is very short.  Well maybe, I wouldn't use it
in close proximity to VHF and up antennas, but on HF it should be no
problem.

Ty K3MM