Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb

To: "Daron Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb
From: "Bruce Jungwirth" <k0son@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:42:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daron Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
To: "'Roger (K8RI)'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Cc: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:26 PM

> Daron Wilson wrote:
>>> Anyone used the Rohn anti climb sheets on 55 or 45?  .....
                                            |
  > I'm trying to head off the question from the electrical engineer when he
shows
> up to inspect this floating, un-bonded sheet metal around the base of the
> tower and asks why it isn't attached and bonded.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daron N7HQR
>
> _
Daron;
Since these plates are "ANTI CLIMB SHEETS', by definition they have no
designed or functional electrical purpose. These are for SAFETY, to restrict
climbing of the tower by unauthorized persons. Therefore any method of
assembly should be OK as long as the tower is  completely covered on all 3
sides the entire length of the sheets. The electrical engineer should not
concern himself with non electrical safety issues. Now, your Liability
Insurance carrier on the other hand, would be concerned with the
installation, but only that all sides are covered, they are not easily
removed, or if hinged, are equipped with a locking mechanism, and are
determined that they do indeed restrict climbing. (personal Liability
issues)

Good Luck
Bruce  K0SON