Re: [TowerTalk] phasing

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] phasing
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:21:10 -0400
Gregg, one point I would make is to never trust the wiring provided by the
antenna OEM.  Years ago I put up a 4 yagi EME array using CC antennas and
ASSumed that they wired every antenna the same way.  After realizing some
poor performance and taking off the lids to the protective covers on the
matching networks for each antenna I saw one of them was 180 degrees out of
phase.  Always double check every wire starting at the driven element.
73
Gedas

online image gallery at  http://gedas.cc
e-mail address at  w8bya (at) mchsi (dot) com
web page at  http://www.w8bya.com