[Towertalk] Ground wire impedance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground wire impedance
From: w1uk@earthlink.net (W1UK)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:19:21 -0400
Steve,

I am curious as to why all the building lightning rod systems I have seen on
barns and homes use stranded wire in a rope lay,  from the rod to the ground
field?

Harger Lightning Protection sells many sizes of multi strand bonding
conductors.  They identify them with their cross-sectional area measured in
cm.  I also have a few Andrews hardline grounding kits that use stranded
wire.

Perhaps manufacturers sacrifice some performance for flexibility?