Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:45:17 -0800
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>

> Connecting to the battery, however, sets the person up for
> EXACTLY what you were complaining about earlier. I find it
> puzzling that you first say too good of a ground is a
> problem, and now you seem to be telling people to do EXACTLY
> what would cause the problem that couldn't be caused by a
> good chassis ground!

How are most factory installed radio's and other accessories
wired up? Do they use a dedicated return wire to the battery or
are they all chassis returned. If anyone would have the insight
and experience base with regard to proper wiring and the
reliability of chassis connections, it would be the factory
engineers. If that practive varies from vehicle to vehicle depending
on the chassis/body/frame design, then perhaps the best thing
to do would be to follow the factory wiring practice for that
particular vehicle.