[TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting Polyphaser IS-RCT to SPGP
From: "Peter Dougherty" <w2irt@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:11:40 -0400
My Round Tuit finally arrived and I?m hoping to have my single-point entry
panel finished in a couple of weeks. What I?m trying to figure out the
proper way of mounting the Polyphaser IS-RCT (8-terminal rotor control
protector) to the panel. It?s a solid box with a ¼?-20 one-inch stud coming
out the top and there are no mounting flanges on the box. My original plan
was an 18 x 24? copper or aluminum plate to which all the suppressors would
be mounted, and 2? strapping to the bonded system. The thing of it is, none
of the polyphaser devices are made for panel mounting?neither these IS-RCT
boxes or the high-power coax supressors, which are bulkhead-mount only.

I?m really stumped here and I think I may just end up selling these and
getting ICE devices instead. Any suggestions?

Also, would I be just as well to get aluminum sheeting for the SPGP, then
using copper strap with a thick layer of NoAlox where the strap meets the
plate? Would I run into problems if I ran two 2?-wide by foot-long buses
tied together by 2? strapping or is it better to go with a single large
plate instead?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Peter,