[TowerTalk] Dacron rope strength

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope strength
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:46:21 -0700
I was wondering.........................I am re-vamping my main antenna. The
new support is 40 feet of Wacky Shack  TV mast which is bolted directly to a
20 foot 4X4 which is up against the house. This allows all of my radials to
be elevated with most of them at the roof level. Anyway, I was wondering if
3/32" double braided dacron/polyesther rope would be strong enough to hold
up the TV mast? I plan on guying it at the top and then half way down from
the top, or, the middle of the mast at the 20 foot level which is 20 feet
over the roof.

All this is doing is acting like a wire support for my various wire vertical
antennas so the wind load on this should not be all that great. So will
3/32" be okay?

Lane Zeitler
Ku7i