[TowerTalk] Brighten up :)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Brighten up :)
From: alex@sandlabs.com (alex)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:18:58 -0500
Many people have sent me comments about my unusual signature. I collect them
and perhaps sometimes I ' ll publish them under the title "Americana" :)
Meanwhile I thought to take a break from the daily grind, have a good,
strong cup
of coffee and attempt to brighten you up a bit to with a related joke sent
by one of my respondents :

A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative
defense:

"My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a
few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see
how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed
by his limb."

"Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the
defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it
or not, as he chooses."

The defendant smiled. And, with his lawyer's assistance, he
detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench and walked out.

Happy Holydays to all.

Alex, N2NNU

If we can accept the notion that GUNS are
the killers and not the people, why is it that
we can not accept the idea that CARS are
the speeders and not the drivers?

Alex, trying to understand the world around.

-----