[Towertalk] Inverted L - Thanks for the Help.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Inverted L - Thanks for the Help.
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:44:09 -0400
Modeling shows a minor bulge away from the horizontal portion, both
used as a 1/4 wave and used as a 1/2 wave. But not enough to justify
how one orients it. Helpful circumstances for stringing it up should
rule. The DX will never know the difference.

Orientation is important if its use as a full wave is contemplated, as
the omnidirectional radiation from the vertical portion tends to be
cancelled out, behaving as if only the horizontal portion was in the
air.