[TowerTalk] AC voltage on Grounds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AC voltage on Grounds
From: nq4u@bellsouth.net (Jimmy Floyd)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:09:02 -0500
I need a solution to this problem.
Over the past several weeks the local power co. has been dumping 128 to 130
volts AC into my main electrical feed. Worse is that I have .03 mV AC across
the tower grounds and .027 mV AC across the UHF connector on the coax that
comes from the tribander on that tower.
The question is should I worry about this?
I realize that this could be transient from the ground itself or could it?
On the wire antennas that are not attached to the tower in any way,but they
do have buried ground radials in the same area, I have a zero reading.
Any help appreciated.
Jimmy Floyd
NQ4U // NNN0RKO
http://personal.bna.bellsouth.net/~nq4u/home.html