Re: [TowerTalk] Par Electronics - End-fed 1/2 wl antennas

To: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Par Electronics - End-fed 1/2 wl antennas
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:40:33 -0400
Radiation can be tied into the ampere-area. It comes from
charge acceleration.

> If this is true that there is equal but opposite charges
going on, what
> happens to the current amplitudes--equal?

Only exactly at the feedpoint.

I put two models up, worse case and best case. It's actually
possible with some feedline lengths to have more radiating
current distributed over area in the feedline than the
antenna, just like it is to have less in the feedline than
the antenna.

http://www.w8ji.com/end-fed_vertical_j-pole_and_horizontal_zepp.htm

73 Tom