Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:13:45 -0500
Rob, that 1 hour response from the folks at SteppIR is pretty typical of the
kind of customer
service they provide. You will never regret your decision to go with a SteppIR
yagi, I've had mine
up a year and it is truly the best performing antenna I've ever had in 40+
years of hamming. I was a
little skeptical at first, especially looking at the price tag, but serious HF
antennas from Force
12 and others cost big bucks too. After considering all the rest I concluded
that all the other
multi-band yagis have to compromise to some extent... they may have a dozen or
more elements, but
still only 2 or 3 on each band...whereas the SteppIR actually gives you a 3
element monobander on
each of those bands, tunable even within a band, PLUS you can hook it up to
your radio so it will
follow along seamlessly as you tune around or change bands. I think the SteppIR
concept is the most
important antenna design development since the invention of the yagi itself,
and I have lots of
company... check out (and join) the SteppIR YahooGroup at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SteppIR/
and you'll find a great bunch (over 600 happy users and growing) who will be
happy to answer your
questions and share info on the SteppIR antennas.
73,  Jerry K3BZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>