Re: [TowerTalk] Radials looped instead of Soldered?

To: "a TowerTalk COL" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radials looped instead of Soldered?
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:08:49 -0400
I tried that method in Colorado and found that with time the loops would
become loose due to endless expansion and contraction of the metals
due to the large temperature swings that occurred at ground level. I also
found corrosion with time due to the dissimilar metals in contact with each
other. I did not see the dissimilar metal corrosion using tinned spade lugs.

Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Lakeland, FL, USA
kn4lf@earthlink.net

KN4LF SWL & Amateur Radio Autobiography: http://www.kn4lf.com
New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God:
http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/audio/newevidence.htm