Re: [TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Starting the tower tilting
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 07:04:49 -0600
I just tie a 100ft rope about 18 ft up the side of the (retracted) tower and
then pull on it to get the tower started tipping. I have to pull as hard as
I can, but the method works fine. The tower weighs 4000 lbs, so it's
probably at the upper end of crankup tower weights. Of course, somebody else
has to be managing the crankover winch while I'm doing this.
Jim W8SR

Jim Garland W8ZR
Santa Fe, NM
www.w8zr.net