[TowerTalk] Rotator Load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Load
From: Kevin Nathan" <k7rx@earthlink.net (Kevin Nathan)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:40:50 -0700
Hello All,

I am going to be putting up a tower later this month.  I am in the middle of
some possible horse trading on the tower but it will most probably be 50
feet of Rohn 25G with the top section having the sleeve at the top rather
than the flat plate and thrust bearing assembly.  I have acquired two AR22
rotators and one control box for them.  I know these aren't the big boys but
they were very reasonable and I'm trying to do this whole project on a
shoestring so to speak.  I want to put a Cushcraft A3, a Cubex Hornet 2 and
6 meter quad and my Comet 2x4 Pro vhf/uhf colinear on top of this tower and
turn them with this rotator.  I am assuming the windloading of the colinear
would be negligible since it is vertical.  The combined windload of the A3
and the Hornet is about 5.4 sq. feet.

Do you think the AR22 is sufficient for this system?  Are there any tricks I
can use to make the load more manageable for it?

Thanks much in advance for your help and suggestions.  73
Kevin, K7RX

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----