R: R: [TowerTalk] F12 C3E adventure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: R: R: [TowerTalk] F12 C3E adventure
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 01:42:16 +0200
Good N connectors, approved for a specific cable, have the proper
dimensions and the adequate mechanical strenght.
Obviously, any peculiar action able to vary cable dimensions acts
like if another cable is used with that connector.
If individual mounting techniques, like vinyl jacket melting by heating is
supposed unavoidable, then other precautions could be considered to
recover the produced free strenght when it goes over the gasket range.
Just a doubt, if the PL259 fits to an RG214 with outer vinyl melted, isn't
it that the same cable wouldn't fit into if not heated by the torch ?

73,
Mauri I4JMY