[TowerTalk] VK4VKD Home Brew Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VK4VKD Home Brew Tower
From: ei8ic@eircom.net (Tim Makins, EI8IC)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:23:33 -0000
I bought a copy of the video tape he advertises - its quite good though he
rambles on a bit, and never gets around to telling you anything about how to
build the antenna-sled. You'd need to watch the video a few times and make
notes as it goes along - there are no exact plans.
The construction methods are fairly well explained, but I couldn't find any
definite specs on the towers, such as how high you could safely go etc. He
seems a knowledgeable character who has built a large number of these, but I
guess that once you've drawn the design out, get it checked by someone else
before you go ahead, especially if you are going much past 40 feet.

Tim, EI8IC