Re: [TowerTalk] Need: Tri-Ex T-588 eng'd drawing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need: Tri-Ex T-588 eng'd drawing
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:42:41 -0500
Tom,

I do not have engineering specs for the Tri-EX T-588, but I do have 6 pages out
of the 1971 catalog that you can download here:  http://tinyurl.com/og7j3

Five files are 1.5-Mb each, and Tri-EX-04.doc is 4.5-Mb because it has two
photos. The downloads may take some time, especially if you are on dial-up.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:02:10 -0700
From: "tom scott " <trscott@sterling.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need: Tri-Ex T-588 eng'd drawing
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

I made this request before and got some info, which I very much appreciate, but
a friend advised me to re-post this request with more explanation of the good
cause it is in support of.

I am on the board of trustees of a local Christian classical K-12 school
(www.heritagechristian.com) which has won an FCC license to build a low power
FM radio station.

With a great deal of volunteer work and donated resources we are building a
broadcast/recording studio that will give our students the opportunity operate
an FM broadcast radio station and work in a near-professional grade broadcast
and recording studio. We are designing the studio with full accoustics, and
three sound isolated studios, a large performance studio, a smaller talk-show
studio, and a 1-2 person booth.

The Tri-Ex T-588 was made available to us by a local ham with a critical
medical condition. It is our hope to erect this tower (with full guying) on top
of a large concrete tilt-up building to support a circularly-polarized FM
broadcast antenna about 100' in the air. This seems like a good use for a
lightweight tower like this.

Being that we are a school, the local city building and safety commission takes
our building permits and inspections very seriously (as well they should), so I
am sure I will need an engineered drawing of the T-588 to be part of our permit
application. I have gotten specs like weight and wind load in emails, but I am
really hoping someone out there has the original Tri-Ex engineered drawing for
the T-588. Otherwise we may have to forgo use of this tower and keep looking.

Thanks very much!

- Tom Scott
KD7DMH