[TowerTalk] Small mobile antennas.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small mobile antennas.
From: w7ry@centurytel.net (Jim W7RY)
Date: Tue May 20 16:37:12 2003
I don't think much of the High Sierra. Their base design is poor. The brass
male/female mating surface is poorly designed. I used mine on the highways
of the pacific northwest and had to stop every 200 miles or so and "buff"
the surface in order to restore contact between the two parts.

 Their customer service seems poor too.

I did see the Tarheel antennas at Dayton. There was a large one mounted
quire high on a full sized van in the flea market area...
Looked much better than the High Sierra.

73
Jim W7RY