Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box

To: "Jan Erik Holm" <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box
From: "Frank Mayer" <domino@worldlynx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:29:17 -0500
I use a variable phasing network for my 2 4BTV verticals that I use on 40 and
20 meters.  The phasing unit consists of a roller inductor in series with one
antenna and a 500pf variable in series with the other antenna.  The outputs of
those 2 components are joined and feed an antenna tuner connected to the rig.
I have a DPDT toggle switch so I can switch the 2 components to the opposite
antenna to change directions.  The antennas are 17' apart and have a cardioid
pattern on both bands with at least 20 to 30 db front to back.  I just wish
there was some way I could measure the forward gain.  It is within 1 s- unit of
my 2 element yagi on 40 to VK and ZL.
WY3D