RE: [TowerTalk] 40M Steppir?

To: "'Bernard'" <wtrone@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] 40M Steppir?
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:57:12 -0500

> Bernard wrote:
>
>     A while ago, someone posted that they thought that
> Steppir was working on a new model which would include 40M.
> I sent them an email requesting information on future
> products, but have heard nothing.   Does anyone have any more
> information on this potential new product?

I talked with K7IR for some time at the Orlando Hamcation this
weekend.  There is no commercial 40 meter product other than
the BigIR.  They did one pair of elements for a defense
contractor some time ago but nothing ever came of that project.
We talked a good bit about the current product ... some of the
pros and cons of their choice of boom length, etc.

Mike was busy most of the time ... looks like they're selling
the current products as quickly as they can build them.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK