Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Control Lines

To: "Mickey Baker" <fishflorida@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Control Lines
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:53:35 -0400
Yes I built my own and located the devices in the box at the bottom of the
tower and in my SPG box at the shack wall..  I am using 19V MOV's for the
12V lines and I have some 65V MOV's for the 45V DC rotator motor lines. I
put a 0.1uF cap across the MOV's.  If you are interested I can dig out some
part numbers.

Yes it is a lot cheaper to build your own with the MOV's costing around 50
cents or so.

Mark N1UK