Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers TX-472MDPL Remote Control

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "WD0M" <wd0m@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers TX-472MDPL Remote Control
From: "Paul Playford" <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:04:07 -0000
I have a remote control Triex LM-470 which work very well and I like very
much.

Make sure whatever you use has a positive pull down.  If for any reason the
cables go slack during the lowering process the tower may collapse, break
cables and destroy itself and anything on it.

Also, I have seen six US Towers that have the motor driving a worm drive
which in turn drives a chain that drives the cable drum.  One of the 89 foot
towers came down on me when the chain broke - a $12,000 OH S..T.  Stay away
from that design as it is very dangerous.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A