Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:52:47 -0500
Here, it's easy.

The zoning and electrical code require 8' ground rods.
In the case of the electrical system, depending on conditions they may
require up to three 8 foot ground rods separated by 6 feet.  ALL service
wiring (telephone, cable, what ever) is required to tie into this.  (I had
to put in two eight footers)

Strange, the phone company puts in their own ground rod, but I am required
to have it bonded to mine even though they don't.  Seems like an
inconsistency there.I have yet to finish bonding the house electrical ground
to the tower system ground, but will eventually be bonded together with bare
#2, as is everything else.  The ground systems are tied together, but the
big cable is not in yet.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com