[TowerTalk] TitanDX Experience anyone

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TitanDX Experience anyone
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:16:06 -0500
I am wanting to eventually mount my TitanDX Vertical to the top of my new
tower, but there is a problem it would seem. Hope someone
has one and can help me.

I just spent the better part of the day meticulously putting back together my
TitanDx Vertical that I had up at the other QTH, after
setting it up at about 10 feet for a quick check before mounting the counter
poise, guy wires, ect I discovered that it is not
tuning on any bands.

I can hear, but barely, compared to my Butternut there is about a 20 DB
difference in signal strength.

Thinking perhaps the coax was shorted, I checked it shield to center and it is
open. I then checked with my trusty DVM on continuity
from shield to the lower portion of the main tubing and it tests as shorted
(from center open), from the upper portion of the main
tubing everything tests as an open.

I double checked my construction against the manual and all is well. All screws
tight and in the correct place.

Does anyone know how to check to see if the coax is open. Since it has the 80
meter CAP at the top, I am not sure how to check to
make sure the center pin is good to the antenna.

Any other ideas for checking would be greatly appreciated as well, first time
out troubleshooting this bear.

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET

Luke 14:28-30

 28"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and
estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to
complete it? 29For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it,
everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30saying, 'This
fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'