[TowerTalk] Thanks: Rasing fixture strength replies.

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thanks: Rasing fixture strength replies.
From: KT2Q <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:48:13 -0400
All:

Thanks for all the informaitve replies on the strength of the TRX80 raising
fixture. The only "complaint" I recevied is that the structure tends to bow
a little with the heavier masts and antennas and that the standard winch
should be replaced with one that has more leverage.

I called Garry at U.S. Tower and he said that the winch is rated at 1500lbs
and should not be a problem with my 900lb tower and 200lbs or so of mast,
antennas and rotor.

For saftey reasons, the consensus is to support the tower to take some of
the load off the cable when working on the anetennas; makes sense to me.

Thanks again...

73, Tony KT2Q