Re: [TowerTalk] Risks on short towers

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Risks on short towers
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:07:28 -0700
I have posted the following before but it is probably worth repeating.

(I may hold the record for falling off short towers)

Actually it was not the tower (I don't climb towers) but was the tower tilt
fixture.  I was coming down from the third rung and then fell off the first
rung of the tilt fixture.  I am normally careful to always have at least one
hand on the rungs when moving my feet but apparently was not holding on when
my heavy soled boot caught on the rung and off I went.  Fortunately I didn't
fall on the concrete but it was still quite a surprise and shock.

I hope that this posting will help real climbers to ALWAYS BE CAUTIOUS!

k7puc