[TowerTalk] method of installing base bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] method of installing base bolts
From: "Vic" <wb4slm@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:18:31 -0400
I'm going to be installing a guyed structure soon and using the existing 9
yards of concrete pad .. I understand a common practice is to drill holes
for the new pier pins or bolts about 18 to 20 inches in the existing pad ..
then using an epoxy to hold the bolts in place .. When I worked for a
utility company many years ago we heated sulphur to a liquid state & poured
to hold "dead ends" & guy wires in metro areas.. also we used Thorogrip,
trade name, (a portland compound) .. the melted sulphur & the portland
compound worked ok but I'm not familiar with the type or trade name of epoxy
used today ..

What is the consensus of the group on the recommended depth of the holes &
the trade name of the material to secure the bolts ?? cheers de Vic //