Re: [TowerTalk] Question using balun on a hf beam

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question using balun on a hf beam
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:55:07 -0400
Placing a current balun at both ends could create more problems if the
distance between them is resonant on a frequency of use.
It is pretty hard to predict any resonances especially with coax strapped to
a tower but a wire antenna with a free hanging feed may be problematic.
I use a low power balun between exciter and its LPF and amp and another
between amp and its own LPF and "assume" that the intervening circuitry is
sufficient isolation.

Carl
KM1H