[TowerTalk] Bracket mount to house 25G

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bracket mount to house 25G
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:50:05 -0600
Steve,
I do not have a Rohn tower, rather an Aluma crank up tower.  It is the smallest
footprint they make for a 50 foot total height when extended tower.  This makes
the sections 25 foot tall.  I have a bracket on the second story eve of the
house, and for insurance I also ran a couple of small cables to eye bolts into
studs on either side of the antenna to the house holding the whole thing
against the bracket.  I then crank it up where the beam is at about 32 to 35
feet and clamped the two tower sections together to lock into place and take
strain off my cable, it works fine for me and is plenty stout.  The bracket is
at the 20 foot level off the ground.
Good luck with your project.
Gene Bigham, KB0GU