[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor/Bearing

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor/Bearing
From: "Mike Bragassa, K5UO" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:49:27 -0600
I think these types of rotors; very much like the Create rotors which are
worm-gear driven,  requires that the vertical loads be put on the rotor and not
relieved by a bearing. Confirm that in your manual.
Mike, K5UO

Hello.
Can the Rohn AS25G accessory plate be cut easily and with what type of saw?
Without sacrificing strength can a Yaesu rotor GS-450 be mounted on a cut
plate? I will be using a thrust bearing (TB3) for the vertical load.  Does the
AS25G accommodate the Yaesu rotors without having to re-drill mounting holes?
Thanks
Bruce
K4BOF