[TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?
From: rwing@southwind.net (Randy Wing)
Date: Sun Jun 8 16:51:42 2003
Rich,

The way that I did it was to lay it on paper using other buildings as a
reference for measurement.  For instance, I put it 10 feet from one of the
corners of my house.  On my scale drawing, I was then able to measure 30
feet from the corner of my house - I just made sure when I set the stakes
that I sighted down the edge of the house.

If you had no referents like I did, it seems you make a line that was the
length of the ground baseline (tower to guy footing) and sweep it in an arc
around the tower.  Set one stake on the perimenter.  Then, measure from that
point to the other candidate points on the arc.  They should be equidistant
from the first guy.

Randy
N0LD