Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question
From: "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:29:51 -0600
I agree with this. If I was to do it all over again, in my environment and
with my soil conditions, I'd have the anchor holes drilled and belled (deep
shaft, with ball cavity at end) and would pour concrete. I acknowledge that
others have had different soil conditons where concrete has been less
satisfactory than auger anchors and/or where corrosion has not occured over
time. Wish I could claim the same, but that's history.

73
Dan
K0DAN