[TowerTalk] Remote station operation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote station operation
From: "Bryan" <w5kft@nts-online.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:57:43 -0600
I would like to hear some comments, ideas and suggestions from folks about the
remote operation and control of a station over the internet.  Control,
equipment, switching, etc etc

I am interested in setting up a system so that my contest station at the ranch
can be remotely operated and controlled via the internet.  A local ISP has just
installed high speed wireless on one of the towers and we have full time access
available.

My line noise has gotten so bad in town on the low bands that I want to explore
some way to be able to operate on 75 and 160 in spite of the noise.  Several
articles have come out recently with a RF control link but this is not
practical so internet seems like a good solution......

Bryan W5KFT