[Towertalk] Beverage over a wire fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Beverage over a wire fence
From: n2mg@eham.net (Michael Gilmer)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:11:33 -0400
I can't imagine that the fence would improve the Beverage...it would
probably have a negative effect - mostly on its directivity.

However, even short, unterminated, poorly grounded pseudo-Beverages will
function and improve the signal-to-noise on the low-bands...so much so that
you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.  My temporary 200-foot long one
has all these characteristics and it's a WHOLE lot better than my inverted
Vs/Ls for hearing.

VE9AA is right - just try it!

73 Mike N2MG

VE9AA wrote:

> I can't answer your question exactly, but I CAN tell you I've had a few
> bev's and you really won't know until you try.
> At worst it might not work "quite" as well as a top-notch one will.
Still,