RE: [TowerTalk] Substitute for YO?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Substitute for YO?
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:48:05 -0400

>          I assume you know that YO (at least the YO7 I have)
> will operate in the "DOS under Windows mode", unlike CTDOS
> which requires a full DOS boot, at least it does with my
> Win98.  You click on YO.EXE in the directory, the computer
> switches to DOS mode and you can then use only YO7.  When you
> are done you enter Q and the computer returns to the previous
> Windows state with all other windows screens open that were
> running before clicking YO.EXE.

YO also works just fine in WindowsXP by simply clicking on
YO.EXE.  It will open full screen, YO can be suspended and
minimized to do something else on the computer (or look up
data) and YOU can be resumed.

I don't have absolutely the latest updates but the changes
are relatively minor, AFAIK.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK