Re: [TowerTalk] Copper Clad Wire and Skin Effect

To: <ve3zi@rac.ca>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper Clad Wire and Skin Effect
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 18:13:43 -0700
Hmmm .. I just put over 1000 feet of #12 copper clad . new .. into the
dipsty dumpster .. could not give it away.  Interestingly, it was from the
city of Red Bluff, CA .. whence was used for fire alarm wiring (the old
pull-me things on electric poles) back when .. I carried it around for
years, but of no use here for me, and the "rubber duck brigade" did not even
know of what I spoke.
I have not dumped the RG-17 yet, had a couple of bites, but no takers yet.
If anybody wants, come and get a few hundred feet of the "right stuff" ...
but you have to come to Eureka, Far Northern CA to get it.. THE XYL (WA6MJB)
IS RECLAIMING OUR BACK YARD ..
Mark  AA6DX