[TowerTalk] Prosistel PST61 question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prosistel PST61 question
From: "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@gd0tep.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:55:45 -0000
Hi to the group,

My PST61 recently failed. It appears that the mighty large rotator has what
IMHO is a inherent weakness, this being the way the rotator is bolted to the
bottom mounting casting. Mine is only a couple of years old but has had
little use, but the four M8 machine screws that hold the two halves of the
assembly have sheared off. As a picture is 1,000 words, have a look here:
http://gd0tep.com/rotator/pst61.htm

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever taken one of these rotators apart
before? I'm currently trying to acquire information on how to dismantle the
rotator from Prosistel in Italy, but so far, no joy.

It's a little worrying that such a mighty rotator relies on four M8 screws,
and as each half of the castings have no castellations or other such
fixings, the 4 screws have to take ALL of the rotator torque.

Anyone with some info to hand?

73,

Andy

http://gd0tep.com