Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:07:18 -0500
Tony.

As Mickey states, there does not appear to be a specific regulation for
Putnam County.  I would be very surprised if they did.  That area is one of
the least regulated in the state.  Also, note that Florida has effectively
codified PRB-1 into the state statutes at both the county and municipal
level under two separate statutes.

Recall that when I was Director of Engineering for MediaOne, we had multiple
community system headends with tower heights between 120-240 feet scattered
all over Putnam County (Welaka, Crescent City, Palatka, Satsuma) -- and
never experienced an issue.  However, when folks want CATV/broadband
service, things seem to magically happen at the city and county level.  The
county also provides for extended heights for multiple users on a common
structure.

Fred's book is an excellent reference, but I suspect you won't require any
complicated strategies once you connect with the right people.  If you
purchase the property, I can assist in that.  Besides, I'm looking for
property in North Florida to establish a remote site with control from
Jacksonville.

Although I am an attorney, a standard disclaimer applies:  In no event will
this correspondence create an attorney-client relationship without an
express, written agreement between parties.

Paul, W9AC

    Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:18:51 -0500
    From: "Telegraphy.com" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
    To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

    I'm thinking of buying a home in Putnam County Florida - is anyone
familiar with the tower
    zoning regulations down there?

    73

    Tony

    Tony Rogozinski
    Amateur Radio W4OI - W4AMR - HK1AR - HK1AR/4
    LICENSED FOR OVER 54 YEARS
    EX-N7BG, K5LMJ, K4KES, WA6BOU,
    W6JPC W7HZF, F7BK, VP5AR, VQ9AR,
    OJ0/N7BG, CN2BG, 5V7BG, TY5AR
    9G5AR, TU/N7BG, ZC4BG, HK3KAV
    HK0/HK1AR and many others
    I've been to 103 Countries

  Mickey Baker
  Fort Lauderdale, FL
  “Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.