Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing / rotor load

To: "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing / rotor load
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:27:15 -0700
A good example of a Thrust bearing is in the drive system of an automobile,
where a bearing is thrust  against the clutch plate to disengage the engine
from the gearbox, this is a thrust bearing.  The bearing that we use on an
antenna mast is just a bearing that is usually used to support horizontal
shaft that needs to rotate, no thrust involved.

Mike