[TowerTalk] where do you buy?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] where do you buy?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 22:56:12 +0100
Hi Pat,

Well, to reduce cost, I once bought two boxes (10 rolls each) of 33+, having
use Super 88 previously, but not knowing
any better.  (BTW, this was when I was in the middle of installing my
station and going through a box every couple of months.)

The 33+ just didn't stick as well as Super 88.  I could tell the difference
almost immediately, but kept using it.  The ends of the 33+ would start to
"peel up" after a few weeks, on antennas, on grounding of the shield,
everywhere, especially in the sunlight. Super 88 never came off.

I sold the remaining box and vowed never to buy anything but Super 88 again.

A few years ago, on this reflector, others said the same thing when this
thread came up.

I have heard from one other person tonight that he used 33+ and hasn't had a
problem.  But, in my case, I
went through a hundred rolls of tape from 1993-1999 installing antennas,
cables, uninstalling, repairing, etc and
have found Super 88 to be superior to 33+.

If you take the two side by side and attach (stick) them to something, then
remove them, you can feel the difference.

Bill, N3RR