Re: [TowerTalk] Rotators again

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotators again
From: "VE6JY Don Moman" <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:40:34 -0000
Any rotor that has a pot and/or limit switches physically attached to the
rotor will eventually run out of adjustment if something slips and keeps
slipping.  A minor slip of 10 degrees, will reduce the rotation by that 10
deg in one direction, but  you'll gain 10 deg in the other.  If it keeps
slipping, you'll eventually run into one of the limits.  Of course, if it
slips that much you likely need to climb the tower anyway to remedy the
cause of the slippage..

The AlfaSpid  has no physical preference for which way is North, so there is
no need to decide where "true north"  lies at the time of installation, or
be concerned about any slippage.  And if you run the coax down thru the
center of the rotor, you won't have to worry about the coax loop running out
of slack either.

73 Don
VE6JY