[TowerTalk] Mast source

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast source
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:37:53 -0800
This keeps coming up, so I'll post this again in hopes it will help someone.
This is the place I bought my 23' 4130N Chromoly mast last year. They
treated me very well and were very reasonably priced. Your mileage may vary.
Joe Varva has handled several similar additional orders since mine, so he's
getting pretty well versed in ham radio tower masts. He understands what 2"
4130N tubing is, buys direct from a tubing manufacturer in the Chicago area,
and can get about anything in any wall thickness required. I got 3/16" wall
to save some weight, but 1/4" was also available very reasonably, if you
want the hernia. Remember mine was a local pickup from them here, shipping
might get ugly for a single unit.
73, Jerry W5KP

Special Metals, Inc.
6406 South Eastern