[Towertalk] Generator Suggestions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Generator Suggestions
From: w7zr@citlink.net (Richard Zalewski)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:07:59 -0700
Having lived off the grid for 9 years I do have some thoughts.  First
question would be how much do you expect to run the generator.  If it is
going to be used often I would suggest going diesel with a 55 gal plastic
drum tank or something similar.

With diesel far less maintenance.  I have had both gas and diesel.  I also
feel that with lp you loose a bit of hp UNLESS it comes that way from the
manufacturer.  Most LP conversions rob too much power.

Don't under power your unit.  Also if you are going to be pulling a lot of
power through the generator, consider having the ability to split the load
so that you get even wear.

Dick W7ZR  XE2DV

Price Reduced!!
Beach Vacation or Retirement Home