[TowerTalk] Stacked antenna spacing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked antenna spacing
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:58:54 -0500
I have an interesting quandary.  Having finished (at least for now) the HF
tower, I have turned my attention to next summer's project which is a 6m & 2M
tower. My plans include a 5L 6M with a 16 foot boom, a 10L 2M with an 18 foot
boom and (here's the kicker) a 6M Square Loop. I want the 6M Yagi for the gain
and directivity but I also want the loop for monitoring purposes. When I last
had the 6M Yagi up, I would often miss openings because activity would happen
off the side or back of the antenna. The loop being omni directional would
solve that problem, but presents another. How far apart would I have to
separate the two 6M antennas so the Loop would not skew the pattern of the
Yagi?  I have had the 6M and the 2M antennas together with about 6 feet between
them and they both worked well, but adding another 6M to the mix concerns me.
Any ideas?

Clint - W5CPT