Re: [TowerTalk] Yagis

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>,"Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagis
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:20:52 -0400
One thing that I would consider with a 34' boom is interaction; it is
possibly too close to resonant to be healthy IMO. Take a look at the 4 el
Cushcraft on the same 34', its not a stellar performer.
Besides all around performance the PV series was designed to have a non
resonant boom. Most high performance computer designed antennas since then
fall into that category.

Carl
KM1H

Run YO on that HyGain and see what you can get out of it for FR  with 4 and
5 elements. I prefer FR over FB when spec'ing a yagi