Re: [TowerTalk] Ham's best friend: Idiom Press

To: "'Doug Renwick'" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham's best friend: Idiom Press
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:17:08 -0500

Has anyone in this guys geographical area thought about offering any volunteer
help or donations??

It used to be in Ham Radio if someone lost an antenna and they were decent
people of course and not some nut case, about 200 Hams
would show up unannounced with poles, towers, wires, cement, tools, ect ect
ready to remedy the situation so that NONE SHOULD SUFFER
a blow.

I personally have given donations to Ham Websites that needed the help, and in
years past equipment to Hams who lost theirs for
whatever reason (I dont even remember now)

What is the difference if it is someone who is serving our community, can we
not offer help instead of criticisms, I have owned my
own business before and it can get sticky - but it doesn't mean the owner is
sticky, just the present state of affairs that are
sticky, let's be more gracious and less nauseous.

Looks like anymore when the barn burns down we throw on fire instead of water.

Let's think about this a little for those who seem to be without understanding.

Just my 2cents,

73 to all,
Bob AD5JV